2020 Minneapolis Boat Show Innovation Awards
Entry to the 2020 Minneapolis Innovation Awards is OPEN! The Innovation Awards, managed by NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International, is one of the industry’s most prestigious honors recognizing manufacturers and suppliers who bring new, innovative products for the boating industry to market.
Program Details: Entry is open to all contracted 2020 Progressive® Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show® exhibitors who meet all requirements outlined in the Rules & Regulations.
Entry Deadline: December 20, 2019
- Request access to online entry form: Email Melissa Taylor (email@example.com) your contracted company name and booth number to receive your unique online entry form.
- Complete and submit entry form. The following items are required fields on the entry form:
- Selection of one Product Category
- Product Description (maximum 250 words). Descriptions should clearly illustrate the innovation and how the product works.
Product Description Tip: Do not include promotional language about the company. Rather, highlight the challenges you faced or hurdles you overcame in the process of developing this product. If your invention saves a boat builder 45 minutes over the previous method of installing, quantify the dollar savings to a manufacturer. If the product is a breakthrough in technology, point that out. Each category is slightly different than the next. Ask yourself how does my entry improve this category?
- Payment - $350 NMMA member
- Upload additional required materials to Dropbox: Following submission of your online entry form, you will be provided an invitation to access the product’s Dropbox folder (please allow up to 48 hours after entry). Accept the invitation to access the folder and upload the REQUIRED product photo, company logo and product video; along with any additional supporting material (photos, brochures, articles). Access to the folder will close December 20, 2019. Materials will not be accepted after the folder closes.
- Meet with the judging panel: Ensure an onsite representative is available to meet with the judges’ Wednesday, January 22. This meeting will be scheduled closer to the show and will require the physical product to be on hand.
Awards Presentation: Awards will be presented during the Sneak Peek Evening on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 6 PM in the Show’s lifestyle feature booth.
Questions? Contact Melissa Taylor, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Minneapolis Innovation Awards Winners: Read more
Aluminum Fishing Boats: Adventure, Lund Boats — “The versatility with very thoughtful and well-designed features including the SportTrak/ProTrak allows for the use of various accessories from fender holders, rod holders and cup holders,” said Brady Kay, Innovation Judge.
Fiberglass Fishing Boats: WX2200, Skeeter Boats — "The engineers took on the technical challenge of melding aluminum and fiberglass to create a stronger, but lighter deck and usable storage space," said Alan Wendt, Innovation Judge.
Pontoon Boats: Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar, XSmoker Craft, Inc. — "The design responds to consumer trends for a large comfortable aft lounge area that through innovative design transforms into an attractive social area with the touch of two buttons and a little elbow grease, " said Bill Gius, Innovation Judge.