Minneapolis Innovation Awards
The Innovation Awards, managed by NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International, is one of the industry’s most prestigious honors recognizing manufacturers and suppliers who bring new, innovative products for the boating industry to market.
Entries to the 2025 program will open in October 2024.
Eligibility: Contracted show exhibitors who meet the requirements outlined in the official rules and regulations are eligible for participation. All boats entered must be NMMA Certified at the time of entry.
1. Request online entry form: Email Rachel Harmon (email@example.com) your contracted company name and booth number to receive your unique online entry form.
2. Complete and submit online entry form. The following items are required fields at the time of entry:
• Select one product category
• Complete product description (maximum 250 words). Descriptions should clearly illustrate the innovation and how the product works.
Product Description Tip: Do not include promotional language about the company. Highlight the challenges you faced or hurdles you overcame in the process of developing this product. If your invention saves a boat builder 45 minutes over the previous method of installing, quantify the dollar savings to a manufacturer. If the product is a breakthrough in technology, point that out. Each category is slightly different than the next. Ask yourself how does my entry improve this category?
• Remit entry fee - $450 NMMA member/ $550 non-member (ACH or CC, Amex not accepted)
3. Upload required materials: Following acceptance of the product entry form, program management will provide a unique file transfer link (please allow up to 48 hours after entry). Access the link and upload the REQUIRED product photo, company logo and product video; along with any additional supporting material (photos, brochures, articles).
4. Meet with the judging panel: Ensure an onsite representative is available to meet with the judges’ Wednesday, January 22, 2025 before the show open. This meeting will be scheduled once entry has closed and will require the presence of the physical product.
Awards Presentation: Awards will be presented during the Sneak Peek Evening on the Wednesday, January 22, 2025.
Innovation Awards Archive: Additional program details and winner history can be reviewed on the program webpage.
Questions? Contact Rachel Harmon, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Innovation Awards Program Here
2024 Minneapolis Innovation Award Recipients: Read more
Fiberglass Fishing Boats: WXR 2060F, Skeeter – “While offering a new level of deck space, Skeeter went a step further for its new WXR 2060F by redesigning in the hull. Eliminating flex for more stability in the new console pods for a better boating experience,” says judge Adam Quandt.
Furnishings: Easy Step Ladder, LilliPad Marine – “It’s not just another ladder, designed with simple, common sense features for aftermarket use, the LilliPad Marine Easy Step Ladder incorporates hidden, innovative features, said judge Bill Guis. It’s built for easy installation with versatility to accommodate the boater and their pets use on new or vintage boats.”
Furnishings: Premier Angler, Premier – “As impressive as the Premier Angler is, there is one new feature that stands out above all others and that’s the exclusive Troll & Stow system,” said judge Brady Kay. “Truly a game-changer, the revolutionary trolling motor design stows completely below deck for a clean, clutter-free deck.”
Pontoon Boats: Crowne 250, Harris Pontoons – “From its new Zero-G Lounger to a newly designed chassis, no details went unchecked in the next iteration of the Crowne from Harris. Bow to stern, the Crowne takes boating in luxury and comfort to the next level,” said judge Adam Quandt.
Pontoon Boats: Lusso L25UCAT, Barletta Boats – “We’re used to seeing twin engine pontoon models, but Barletta’s custom engine pod design is unlike anything else out there,” said Judge Brady Kay. “Mounting the two engines together increases the functionality for a smooth and powerful ride.”
Questions? Contact Rachel Harmon, Program Manager at email@example.com